Monday, September 7, 2015

Intro Post - Round 2

Hello Universe!

Or rather, welcome back. My name is Danielle Frostig and I took Astronomy 16 last spring. Here is a link to my previous introduction. I won't bore you by repeating everything I wrote there. Instead, I will share what is new.

General life updates: I am no longer a wide-eyed freshman living in Weld Hall, but rather a seasoned sophomore living in Quincy House. I am still planning on majoring in Astrophysics, and at some point this semester, I will have to officially declare my concentration. I had a fun summer with lots of travel going to Israel, home to California, and to China. This leads me to...

Astronomy life updates: In China I got to teach astronomy to about fifty Chinese high school students. It was a lot of fun and an interesting challenge to teach astronomy in Beijing, where it is too polluted to see stars. Additionally, I happened to be in Los Angeles the day all the Pluto data was coming in from the New Horizons mission. While at the Griffith Observatory, I had the chance to see the data coming in and hear from lead scientists about their new discoveries. My favorite thing I learned about that day was the crazy, chaotic orbit of one of Pluto's moon's, Nix.


Here's to the new semester!
Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Whoa!! It's so cool that you've already taught your first astronomy class, Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete